Watch the recording here.
How are the cities rolling out these climate plans? What are the challenges? What are the geographic, political, cultural and socioeconomic backdrops of the cities: Kozani (Greece), Cluj (Romania), Pamplona (Spain) and Tampere (Finland)?
During the webinar, speakers from the cities looked at these issues, including key aspects such a funding, technologies, citizen engagement and collaboration.
The international panel of speakers was made up of:
- Martin Stroleny, Project Manager, Greenovate! Europe
- Virginia Mosteyrin Periduero, Managing Director, Greenovate! Europe
- Noula Tompoulidou, Vice-Mayor, responsible for Technical Projects and Services –
- Dimitris Kakoulides, Head of Mayor’s Office, Municipality of Kozani
- Adrian Răulea, Program Director (Cluj Metropolitan Association)
- Koldo Urrutia Azcona, Researcher at Urban Transformation Lab, Tecnalia Research and Innovation
- Anna Vilhula, Project Manager, City of Tampere
- Yannis Fallas, Director, Cluster of Bioeconomy and Environment of Western Macedonia
Five of the Stardust cities have confirmed their strong will to set an example to other European cities to follow suit and to become Green Deal ambassadors by submitting their expressions of interest to be selected among the 100 climate-neutral and smart European cities by 2030.